Sunday, October 19, 2008

Festive Fall Goodies

I had the chance to do a little stamping last night and I got to play more with my Cuttlebug and my new Nestibilities. The local craft store is actually carrying the Nestibilities now, so I was able to pick up the embossing pad I was needing so I could use the Nestibilities to their full potential.

The card below is using the Rectangle Nestibilities and the CTMH October Word Puzzle. I pulled out the MRK Enchanted, which I never used last year. I used Autumn Terracotta & Cocoa cardstock. I stamped the witch and bat in Black, and sponged Sunflower ink inside the moon. The October sentiment is stamped in Pansy Purple ink. The brads are Buttercup My Accents which are soon to be retired. There is also a strip of Cocoa Designer Ribbon over top the B&T.

2008-10-19-001-1

I was very happy to sit and create for a little while last night. Our schedule has been hectic since going back to work. I'm looking forward to this week because we have nothing big planned until the Halloween weekend when we have our community Trunk 'n Treat and the school Fall Festival.

Today at church we had our 1st Annual Fall Festival. It was so much fun! The food was excellent and there were so many fun activities to partake in.

2008-10-19-049 

As I was trying to decide what to take for the dessert auction, I had thoughts of what the gatherings must have been like many years ago. I also thought about all the fun things my mom used to do with us when we were little. I remembered making caramel apples every year and I realized I hadn't had one for years! I'd never even made them with my kids, so that is what we did last night. Caitlyn and I made them and they were delicious!

So, this morning before church, I packaged up three of them into individual clear cello lunch sacks I got from www.clearbags.com.  I tied them closed with twill and made tags using my Circle Nestibilities and CTMH's Thoughtful Seasons stamp set.

2008-10-19-006

2008-10-19-006a

They turned out so cute!  Well, I guess someone else really liked them too, because they went for $55! LOL! That was the first bid too!

Well, it's late and I need to get some rest for the upcoming week. I am hoping to get some much needed scrapping and stamping done this week, so check back soon.

Have a blessed week! Pamela

1 comment:

  1. Carmel Apples are my favorite...look so yummy and love how you presented them. The card is perfect...love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and have a blessed day! Pamela