Saturday, October 10, 2009

Chocolate Lover’s Halloween Survival Kit

This last week I spent some time creating some goodies for the scrapbook retreat I am at right now. I just love this survival kit idea using a package of M&Ms.

My 2nd upline with Close To My Heart, Karen Morris, gave each of her team members at the Close To My Heart Leadership Conference an M&Ms survival kit along with an adorable pin that we all wore to show that we represented The Dream Team (Karen’s team name).

Since we are coming up on Halloween, my bff, Cindy & I decided to create our goodies with Halloween papers and stamps this time. I used the new My Acrylix Beware stamp set along with the stars B&T Duos from the Game On Level 2 paper packet with Autumn Terracotta, Olive & Sunflower cardstock. I embellished with black brads and viola!

2009-10-07_1653

2009-10-07_1654

2009-10-07_1655

Here is The Chocolate Lover’s Survival Kit poem…

THE CHOCOLATE LOVER’S SURVIVAL KIT

At the first sign of anger, eat a RED one. Eat a BLUE one to minimize depression. To relieve stress, eat a GREEN one. If you feel a headache coming on, eat an ORANGE one. Eat a YELLOW one to cheer you up. You can eat the BROWN ones at any time. If all symptoms occur at the same time, EAT THE WHOLE BAG!

Here are the dimensions for the cardstock and B&T pieces:

2-1/2 x 12 Olive CS, 2-1/2 x 12 Game On B&T Duos – Stars, 2-1/4 x 4 Autumn Terracotta CS

To secure the M&Ms you just need to insert them inside the 2-1/2 x 12 (folded in half using the Olive CS & Stars B&T Duos) and staple at the top.

I then cut a scalloped circle piece of Autumn Terracotta using my Spellbinder dies and Cuttlebug. I folded those in half and secured them over the top using glue dots.

Decorate a few smaller circles and mat them on the scalloped circle as shown.

Print your poems onto cardstock and cut them out (needs to be approx. 2 x 3-3/4). I fit 9 on one sheet of 8-1/2 x 11 cardstock.

Enjoy making this fun project for lots of occasions! I know I already have. :O)

God bless your heart!

Signature

2 comments:

  1. Those are too cute - TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your link at http://www.writeclickscrapbook.com/ and recognized your name! Great going!!! Super artwork!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and have a blessed day! Pamela