Friday, March 05, 2010

It’s Gonna Be a Banner Year…I Just Know It!

This past Monday was the deadline to postmark my Extravaganza submission. If you don’t know what Extravaganza is, it is an amazing experience at Close To My Heart’s annual convention. This year convention will be held in Washington, D.C. in July.

I can still remember attending my very first Extravaganza at the San Antonio CTMH Convention in 1999. I was in awe and there was no turning back after that experience. The talent was amazing and it just keeps getting better and better.

I have had the honor of teaching at Extravaganza several years now. My first experience was in 2002 when I taught Marketing Magic with my bff, Cindy Denning. Several years later I partnered with the ubber-talented Katy Donaldson. We taught Interactive Page Protectors in 2005 and Out of Your Element in 2006.

This year’s Extravaganza will be different from any previous ones as we are apply individually and will be teaching individually as well. My hope is to be one of the 32 teachers selected…hopefully along with Katy, who also has applied. We wait and see…

Until we hear, I thought I’d share a few of my projects with you. I realized after I mailed off my submission that I forgot to get pictures of three of my projects. Luckily, I will get them back whether I’m chosen or not to teach.

I have been seeing banners everywhere on the web, whether it’s on a scrapbook site or a party themes site. I recently read in a review of the Winter CHA that banners were a hot trend for 2010, so I thought I’d try making one using only CTMH products and here are my results.

2010-02-24_35702010-02-24_3564

2010-02-24_3563

2010-02-24_3565 2010-02-24_3566 2010-02-24_3567

I’m extremely pleased with how it turned out. I put a lot of thought and detail into it and I hope it makes an impression. I used the featured technique from the February episode of CTMH TV…check it out here!

Next up is my layout submission. Creating a layout was one of the requirements for the submission and I chose to also incorporate a banner into the layout to carry out a theme. Be sure to check out My First Video Tutorial to learn how to create the ‘kissed’ banners…I used a stamp set that was originally intended to use to make Christmas trees!

2010-02-28_3591

For my titles I chose to incorporate our new Primavera Rub-ons along with some Color-Ready Alphabet stickers. I sponged the stickers with Colonial White Exclusive Inks to coordinate with the cardstock and rub-ons. The B&T Duos paper I used is from the Jingle Level 2 Paper Packet.

2010-02-28_3594

The banner was created using My Acrylix Stamp Set, D1315 Evergreen.

2010-02-28_3595

Thank you for stopping by and I’ll let you know as soon as I know whether I was chosen to teach at the 2010 CTMH Convention/Extravaganza to be held in Washington, D.C. in July!

Have a blessed weekend!

Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment and have a blessed day! Pamela