Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Under Wraps No More!

***Just a reminder: $2, $4, $6 for 8 Online Clearance Sale ends 8/11*** 

I’ve waited quite some time to share a few special creations with you that I’ve had to keep under wraps for a while now. This past spring I applied to teach at Extravaganza, which is a special event all about creativity & new products at Close To My Heart’s Annual Convention. I was blessed to have been chosen as one of 32 teachers for the event this year.

A huge part of being selected to teach is that you must agree in writing to keep EVERYTHING under wraps until Extravaganza happens. So, now that it’s been over a month since convention and we are drawing closer to the release of the 2010 Fall/Winter Idea Book to customers (9/1), I thought I would start to share with you a few sneak peeks of what I created with all the fabulous new products Close To My Heart sent me in May!

There is nothing like a deadline looming over your head to get your creative juices flowing. LOL! By the time our new products arrived, I only had two weeks to get all my creations made. No big deal, right? Well, it just happened to be the last two weeks of school here and Memorial Day weekend! So, needless to say, it got a little stressed around my house during that time.

Anyway, it all came together beautifully! So, I am very excited to be able to finally share some of my creations from my Mix, Mingle, Marvelous class over the next few days.

So, here goes!

The ‘featured’ product that Close To My Heart sent me and what my class was focused on is the new My Creations Mix & Mingle Album. It is a 4” x 4” album that includes 3 clear and 5 white chipboard pages in 4 die-cut shapes.

Here is where it all began…

2010-05-30_5059

And this is just one of my creations that came out of literally hours of work…

2010-05-31_5172

I was asked to ‘think out of the box’ while creating and use this new product in non-traditional ways. So, for this layout, I used several sheets of the album for photo mats and accents on my layout.

2010-05-31_5173

2010-05-31_5175

I had some fun using Black StazOn ink with some background stamps on the clear acrylic sheets. I decided to cut one of the sheets up into pieces so I could use the pieces for accents around the layout as show below.

2010-05-31_5180

See the scalloped border? Love it!

2010-05-31_5181

Below is a clear acrylic sheet that I used as a mat for my journaling. How cute is that new stamp set, Party Pennants!?!

2010-05-31_5182

I’ll be back tomorrow with a few more of my creations!

Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment and have a blessed day! Pamela