Sunday, January 09, 2011

You ‘Anchor’ Me Down – 2011 ABC Scripture Challenge

ScriptureChallenge2011Button

Welcome to my first post for the 2011 ABC Scripture Challenge hosted by Patter over at Triple the Scraps blog.

 Challenge #1 Word is Anchor

Since finding out last Sunday, January 2nd what the 1st Challenge Word was, I’ve had a chance to do some research and I found a few very interesting things to help me with this week’s creation. On and off through out the week, I mulled over Patter’s devotional and scriptures she shared along with the challenge word. In some of my research, I opened up iTunes and did a word search for ‘Anchor’ and I found this song by Satellites & Sirens. Love it!

I also came across this sermon piece by Pastor John Piper, Having Your Soul Anchored in Heaven.

The key verse I chose for this week is:

This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast… Hebrews 6:19 NKJV

I incorporated the above verse along with part of the chorus from the song above to create my 4-1/2” x 6-1/8” mini scrapbook layouts that I will insert into a My Creations Board Book as soon as I have them cut down to fit inside a My Creations Recipe/Photo Box.

The part of the chorus from the song I incorporated reads:

When I feel like I am drifting away, sinking down.

The sands are shifting today, I’m about to lose my way.

You anchor me down.

Here is my creation using a retired Close To My Heart Paper Packet and My Stickease, Simple Pleasures. I used some of the borders stickease to create the cross/anchor and tore some of the Twilight B&T paper to resemble waves.

2011-01-08_0156(click on photo to view larger)

I learned this week that Beth Moore is doing a 2011 Siesta Scripture Memory Team challenge which consists of memorizing a verse every other week for 2011. I can definitely incorporate that with the 2011 ABC Scripture Challenge…especially since I’m a scrapbooker. I’ll have myself a gorgeous little scripture memory scrapbook by the end of 2011.

Won’t you join me in hiding more of God’s Word in our hearts in 2011?

Signature

3 comments:

  1. Pam, I love that layout. It's gorgeous. I think I am about over bronchitis. I need to get caught up over the next few days. I am also learning Beth Moore's Siesta challenge this year.

    And I LOVE your ABC book

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so want to do the ABC Scripture Challenge too. Thank you for posting this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see your Scripture memory challenges. We would love for you and your friends to join us at www.memverse.com for mutual encouragement and inspiration.

    In Christ, Phil Walker
    philjohn1558@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and have a blessed day! Pamela