Monday, October 24, 2011

H2H Challenge–Halloween or Fall

I absolutely love this time of year! Being from West Texas and still living here, we don’t see much of the fall foliage in nature as many of you in other parts of the country see. So, we do everything we can to bring it into our homes through the decorations we put out. Over the last few years, I have by passed all the Halloween décor for Fall décor. So, that’s why for this week’s H2H Challenge I chose to go with a ‘Fall’ theme in lieu of a ‘Halloween’ theme.

Last weekend, we made caramel apples to sale for our church’s ‘Picnic in the Patch’. Unfortunately, I didn’t have the time to decorate up the coffee bags I put the apples into. If I had of…they would have looked like this…

2011-10-23_0489

These coffee bags worked perfect for the caramel apples because of the lining inside. The bags already had the window in them, so they are perfect for showing off what’s inside.

I used Close To My Heart’s Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge to cut the frame and the topper…they are both the same shape, just different sizes. For the frame, I cut a square out inside of the shape the same size as the window on the bag.

2011-10-23_0491

For the topper, I folded the shape in half and I also used the AP cartridge to cut the flowers {5” & 2-1/2”} and leaves {1-1/2”}. Tip: Use a pair of tweezers to help you roll your flowers and then apply Liquid Glass to the base and hold flower together. I then placed an Opaque Adhesive Gem down into the center of the flower.

2011-10-23_0488

Cool Tip: Did you know that the sentiment I used above actually came from the Dreamin’ B&T Paper! Hmmm…can you find it in the photo below? You should notice that our new B&T Paper Duos have an added 1/2” strip called a ‘Zip Strip’ at the top for the copyright information along with the name of the Paper Packet AND the colors in the Paper Packet.

2011-10-23_0576

Well, when you flip these papers over, you will find not only THREE other colorful patterns of paper, but you will also see THREE decorated ‘Zip Strips’. You can cut the ‘Zip Strips’ off using your paper trimmer and use them for borders and accents and you can cut out the words to use them for your sentiments on your cards & layouts. Pretty cool, huh!?!

2011-10-23_0575

Recipe: Dreamin’ Level 2 Paper Packet, Lucky Level 2 Paper Packet, Chocolate Ink Pad, Mocha Opaque Adhesive Gems, Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge, Sanding Kit & Sponge

Now…it’s your turn! I’d love to see what you create with this week’s fun challenge! Check out the details below…

***

The Heart 2 Heart Design Team for July – Dec 2011…

Brenda Rose, Cheryl Even, Debi Barber, Haley Dyer, Jody Gustafson, Mary Vogel (owner), Michelle Auten and Pamela O'Connor (me!).

Our October Guest Designer is…

Debra Almanza

Our October Sponsors are…

Nichole Lewno and Jena DeVries

Please be sure to create a project using mostly Close To My Heart products and then head on over to the Heart 2 Heart Challenge Blog and post your creation under the appropriate challenge. Your project may be one of ten chosen for the Top Ten at the end of September and you may even win a prize at the end of the month and an opportunity to be a future Guest Design Team member!

I look forward to seeing all your wonderful creations!

Signature_thumb[2]

4 comments:

  1. The bag is gorgeous and the caramel apple looks delicious! You are so talented! Thanks for sharing all this goodness on the H2H blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pamela these are gorgeous! Boy oh boy you really know how to touch my heart... caramel apples are my FAVS! This is a wonderful idea. I get you on the whole not having the foliage nearby to bring a bit of Autumn into the home. I have to drive a distance to see some in the mountains. & What a great way to use the zip strips. LOVE LOVE LOVE the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to take a drab paper bag and make it into something fantastic!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great packaging idea and the goody inside looks yummy! Very nice Pam~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and have a blessed day! Pamela