Wednesday, April 25, 2012

CTMH Dotty for You Meets Up with Mojo Monday 237

I came across an inspiring card sketch some time last week on Debbie Carriere’s blog and knew it would work wonderfully with the CTMH Dotty for You Paper Packet! It took me some time to get the right combination, but I knew I wanted to use the Lagoon & Sweet Leaf Flourishes B&T Duo from the paper packet. With inspiration from Debbie’s sample, this is what I came up with…

2012-04-24_5285

2012-04-24_5288

Using the Cricut Craft Room and my handy-dandy Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge, I welded together two <Square5> + Font + Shift shapes for the zig zag border. I believe I used 1/2” width of Chocolate cardstock which made the length once welded together almost 6”. I trimmed the length down to 5-1/4” to accommodate my 5-1/2” width card. I also cut the polka dot banner shapes & the title using my AP Cartridge.

I created the yo-yo’s behind the paper flowers with 1/2” White Daisy cardstock strips and scoring at 1/4” increments using my Euro Personal Paper Trimmer and a Bone Folder. To finish the yo-yo’s off, I added some brown Mocha Opaque Adhesive Gems to the center of each.

The ‘You Are Beautiful’ sentiment was stamped in Lagoon using CTMH’s My Acrylix Card Word Puzzle stamp set.

Here is the Mojo Monday #237 Sketch I used…

image

I hope you enjoyed my inspiration today and may you have an inspiring day yourself!

1AFBCA5D2337D6D87DF300E172C27407

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment and have a blessed day! Pamela