Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Late Night Posting

I am so exhausted...but I thought I'd better post since I haven't since I left for my weekend scrapbook retreat. BTW...I had a fabulous time and I'll share tomorrow what I accomplished at the retreat.


But for now I thought I'd share with you my latest project...purging and organizing my scrapbook room! I only have about 4 weeks until the baby arrives and I have to make room for her in my scrapbook room...room for a crib and a changing table.


Since I've been scrapbooking and stamping for about 10 years now...it's unbelievable the amount of 'stuff' I've accumulated. I got quite a bit accomplished today, but the biggest hurdle for me is going to be this...



This is just a small portion of the scrapbooking and paper crafting magazines I have to purge! I still have a whole shelf below full of magazines in magazine racks. Oh my...


So far I've sorted them by company, then tomorrow I'll sort them by date. I will probably only keep 2006-2007 issues and purge the rest. I have to keep asking myself "When was the last time you touched this?" But it's still so hard! LOL!


I will keep you posted on my progress and then maybe I can share pictures of my new and improved scrapbook room in the next few weeks. Ü


Until tomorrow...sweet dreams, Pamela

4 comments:

  1. Pam, I purge my scrapbook/paper craft magazines every other year. I start by doing what you are doing, then look through each for folded pages. I will tear out the projects or articles I want to keep and then put them in a 3 ring binder with protectors. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam,
    I did a semi-purge last week-ish of some of my magazines also.
    My papercrafts mags I keep in a binder from Crafts or whatever the name of the company is that comes out with PaperCrafts you can, or used to be able to purchase them off their website. I LOVE them. They just have the metal 'rods' that I slip up the middle. I don't know for sure how many each holds but...I keep them organized by date. Then I have a separate one for the specialty ones (from PaperCrafts), babies, bdays, cooking (PaperCrafts Gourmet), Holiday Cards etc...
    All the others I keep separated by company and date in their own magazine holder-those plastic magazine holders you can get from WalMart. I just get the BIG ones. I tend to be somewhat of a 'pack rat' but I even threw out a bunch of OLD magazines the other day. They DO take up quite a bit of room. Good Luck with all that! ;)
    -Stacey
    PS Thanks for the tag! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam,
    I did a semi-purge last week-ish of some of my magazines also. I keep them in those magazine holder things....plastic. BUT, my papercrafts mag I keep in a binder from Crafts or whatever the name of the company is that comes out with PaperCrafts. I LOVE it. It just has the metal 'rods' that I slip up the middle. I don't know for sure how many it holds but I just keep them organized by date. Then I have a separate one for the specialty ones, babies, bdays, cooking (PaperCrafts Gourmet), Holiday Cards etc... All the others I keep separated by company and date in their own magazine holder. I tend to be somewhat of a 'pack rat' but I even threw out a bunch of OLD magazines the other day. They DO take up quite a bit of room. Good Luck with all that! ;)
    -Stacey
    PS Thanks for the tag! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:53 AM

    I found this site using [url=http://google.com]google.com[/url] And i want to thank you for your work. You have done really very good site. Great work, great site! Thank you!

    Sorry for offtopic

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and have a blessed day! Pamela