Monday, June 18, 2007

U Are The Best

We had a great weekend wrapping up VBS and getting to spend time with each other on Father's Day. With everything going on with VBS last week...I didn't get much stamping done. However, I did have to stay up late Saturday night and make Father's Day cards for Mike and our dads. Here are the results...


Both of these cards were made with the new CTMH paper packet, Route 66. On the above 5x7 card, I used the Small Sans Caps set to stamp 'ARE THE BEST' in Cranberry ink on Cranberry CS for the background and then used my new Cutter Bee Bugs to make the faux stitching around the edge. I layered a strip of the Route 66 B&T Duo across the middle and then layered Moonstruck CS over that with a scrap of Colonial White CS stamped with 'U' from the Rustic Alphabet. I added a My Accent Silver star brad in each corner. I made this card for the kids to give to Mike.


Another pretty simple card...made one for each of our dad's. This card was 5x7 also and super simple to make! I made the entire card front before adhering it to the cardbase so the conchos and brads wouldn't be seen from the inside (did the same on the first card too). I started with the Cranberry CS and stamped 'DAD' in Cranberry ink and then used the Small Sans Caps to stamp 'THANKS' along the side of the first 'D' in Cranberry ink. I then did some direct-to-paper using the Cranberry ink to 'distress' the CS around all the edges. Next, I adhered the Cranberry strip to the Route 66 B&T Duo and then attached the My Accent Silver conchos and placed the silver star brads inside the conchos. The last thing to do was adhere this to the Colonial White cardbase.

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of using the star brads in the centers! Your cards turned out great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and have a blessed day! Pamela