Thursday, September 03, 2009

Direct-to-Paper Technique - Plaid

I had a request by email to explain how I created the distressed plaid look on my September Stamp of the Month blog hop creation. So, I thought it would be good to show you some visuals through a mini tutorial.

Here goes…

To create the distressed plaid background on this layout…

2009-08-31_1372

you will begin with a neutral cardstock (I used CTMH Colonial White cardstock), desk pad, and your choice of colored ink pad (I used CTMH Chocolate Exclusive Inks pad).

2009-09-03_1392

Open your Exclusive Inks pad…

2009-09-03_1393

Hold the ink pad in hand upside down and at an angle above your cardstock, slightly over the edge so that when you put the ink pad down to paper it will touch the desk pad first.

2009-09-03_1394

Next, pull the ink pad over the cardstock with light pressure…the harder you press, the darker your distressing will be…practice some on scraps before doing an entire 12x12 sheet. :O)

2009-09-03_1395

Turn your cardstock one-quarter turn and repeat process.

2009-09-03_1396

I do all four sides of my cardstock so that all four edges look the same. You will see in the finished sample below that one edge is a little darker than the other because I used more pressure.

2009-09-03_1397

I hope the visual was helpful! Please email me if you have additional questions at pamela@myctmh.com.

Have a GREAT Labor Day Weekend everyone! God Bless!

Signature

3 comments:

  1. Great tutorial! Love techniques that I can do with what I already own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this tutorial...I cannot wait to try it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and have a blessed day! Pamela