Friday, October 23, 2009

Friday Flashback

This is a new feature on my blog that I thought would be fun. Each Friday, I will be sharing a project using Close To My Heart products and photos from years gone by.

I’ve had a lot of fun recently putting together power layout kits (will be sharing this idea next week) using products from my stash. Since I’ve been scrapbooking for over 12 years now, I can tell you I have TONS of stuff to use! The problem is that Close To My Heart is continually coming out with new products that I LOVE and I always want to use the latest and greatest stuff. :O) Ok, that’s really not the problem because I love it so much! The problem is that I have all this older product…scraps and leftovers mostly, which happens to be just as great, but gets pushed aside as new products are unveiled. LOL!

So, my challenge to myself is to dig through my older stash of products on a weekly basis and create something ‘new’. So here goes…

This layout idea came directly from an older CTMH Idea Book and it’s using the Rough ‘n Tumble Level 2 Paper Packet, which still happens to be available in MyCTMH Online Shop. You can have it delivered right to your doorstep! Be sure to pick up the My Stickease Assortment as well.

I used some photos of my now 14 year old! In the layout he is 7! It’s amazing how time flies by…soon he will be driving…scary thought. I love how the colors in this kit complement those in the photos. It is a perfect choice!

You can click on any picture to view larger.

2009-10-21_1799 

‘Play’ is a My Stickease that I layered onto White Daisy Cardstock and trimmed around and then onto Outdoor Denim Cardstock and trimmed around again. It was a bit of work, but so worth it.

2009-10-21_1800 

I used CTMH’s Dimensional Element Monograms to spell out his name. They come white and this time I didn’t do anything to them except tie a little Waxy Flax around a few of the letters.

2009-10-21_1801 

My journaling is done using one of the fonts from the Expressives Font CD Volume I. You can click on the picture to view the journaling better.

2009-10-21_1802

Thanks for stopping by and going down memory lane with me on Friday Flashback. :O)

God bless!

Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment and have a blessed day! Pamela