Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Wednesday Wishes 11/4

Welcome to another Wednesday Wishes featuring the latest Color Me Monday combination by Jeanette Lynton and the Wishes Card Confidence Program.

I began my morning thinking I would dig through my stash of cards and find a Wishes concept using a previous Color Me Monday combination…to no avail.

So, I stopped by Jeanette’s blog to check out the latest color combination that she posts every Monday and I was inspired to create something from scratch.

Goldrush LipstickThis week’s color combination is Goldrush, Desert Sand, Chocolate and Cocoa. What a beautiful combination for fall leaves.

To decide what concept I would use this week, I randomly opened up my Wishes Card Confidence Program and ended up on page 76. The 4-1/2 x 4-1/2 card called Matchbook caught my eye.

So, off I went into my scrapbook room to find the perfect  B&T Duos and cardstock in the color combination.

I grabbed a sheet of Chocolate Polka Dots B&T Duos from the Caprice Level 2 Paper Packet, Cocoa cardstock, Colonial White cardstock & I found a scrap of Goldrush cardstock that I had used with the ‘suede’ technique a long time ago. I also grabbed my D1371 Many Thanks My Acrylix stamp set (get it free when you buy two stamp sets in November) and ink pads. I’ll explain in more detail below.

With everything in hand, I got to work by following the cutting diagrams and instructions in the Wishes Card Confidence Program…again…on page 76 using the Matchbook concept.

Here is my finished creation…

2009-11-04_1897

The base of the card is Cocoa cardstock and I layered the Chocolate Polka Dots B&T Duo on the card front. You can see the Cocoa cardstock on the right because it is scored at 3/4” so it will wrap around the card front like a matchbook does.

You may be asking where did I use Desert Sand? Well, I used it on the leaf actually by first stamping the leaf in Desert Sand ink, then lightly into Goldrush ink and finally I rolled the edges of the image in Cocoa ink and stamped it onto Colonial White cardstock and cut out.

2009-11-04_1897-close-up

For the Colonial White cardstock directly underneath the leaf, I did some direct-to-paper with my Cocoa ink then randomly stamped another leaf from the set in 2nd generation Desert Sand ink (ink your stamp, stamp off once onto scratch paper/desk pad and then onto the Colonial White cardstock).

Finally, I had to figure out a way to secure my card closed so I took some Cocoa Grosgrain Ribbon and a Colonial White Mini-Medley Ribbon Accent  and wrapped the ribbon around the card and underneath the focal point, then tied it around the ribbon accent.

2009-11-04_1901

Oh, and I’m thinking now that you’d like to know how to create the ‘suede’ technique??? It’s super easy! The easiest way is to spritz some water into your cardstock and then crumple the cardstock into a ball. You can also run it under the faucet briefly. Don’t get it too wet or the paper will fall apart. Once you have crumpled it up pretty good, gently un-crumple it and lay out flat to air dry or I have even used an iron on a low setting to dry it and smooth it out. This technique used with CTMH cardstock with the white core gives a really weathered look. I love it!

Well, that’s all for now folks! May you have a blessed day and make it from your heart with Close To My Heart.

Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment and have a blessed day! Pamela