Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Hearts for Haiti

FEB_CC_72_2.ashx

Our hearts go out to the victims of the earthquake in Haiti, and like so many of you, we’re eager to help. And helping has never been easier! During February, purchase a 12” x 12” textured cardstock combo pack and you’ll get one FREE—and with every offer purchased, Close To My Heart will donate $2 US to Operation Smile’s Haiti relief efforts. That means for only $14.95 US/$17.50 CAN, you get two packs of our high-quality textured cardstock and you help this urgent, important cause.

SHOP MYCTMH ONLINE STORE TODAY TO GIVE TO OPERATION SMILE & GET BACK FROM CLOSE TO MY HEART !

Operation Smile is always a fantastic charitable partner—offering free facial reconstruction surgeries to needy children throughout the world. They’ve currently marshaled their medical teams and resources to provide emergency relief in Haiti, and the donations given as part of Hearts for Haiti will be used exclusively for Operation Smile’s efforts in Haiti. For more information on their on-the-ground response, you can visit www.operationsmile.org/haiti.

Here are a few projects I created this past week for a home gathering I did last night and to help promote this wonderful campaign using my *new* favorite collection, Topstitch.

2010-02-01_32182010-02-01_3226

I gave my hostess, Brooke, the cute little box as a hostess thank you gift and inside was the post-it note coaster. You can find instructions of the box HERE. I didn’t put the insert in for chocolates though. We had an on-time drawing and the winner of it received the decorated notebook and pen and then for the door prize drawing, I gave away a decorated bookmark & a decorated valentine lollipop.

2010-02-01_3225

Several of my projects were inspired by fellow consultants. The pen container and post-it note coaster was inspired by Jody Gustafson and the decorated sweet tart box was inspired by Tina Sutton.

I also get a lot of my inspiration from fellow blogger, Michelle Wooderson. She makes a lot of the cute notebooks, so I finally got some of the 5” x 8” lined legal pads and had them cut in half length-wise to create the one featured above. These are fun & super easy gifts to make!

I love making the decorated pens as well. They are so easy! I found my pens at Wal-Mart and they are Inc. Alais pens and you get 4 in a package for about $2.50. They write smoother than the RSVP pens I used to use. All you need to create them is a 3-1/2” x 1” piece of B&T Duos and you just unscrew the black tip and pull out the pen cartridge and wrap your piece of B&T Duos around it tightly and insert it all back inside the pen container.

If you are interested in learning how to make any of these projects and are local to my area, please shoot me an email at pamela@myctmh.com and we can setup a play date!

Have a blessed day and don’t forget, you can help the relief efforts in Haiti when you buy a textured cardstock combo pack in February and CTMH will give you a 2nd pack for FREE and they will give $2 to Operation Smile’s relief efforts in Haiti for every pack you purchase! There is no limit to how much you can help!

God bless,

Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment and have a blessed day! Pamela