Thursday, May 06, 2010

Heart 2 Heart Challenge – A Mother’s Day Card

I was so happy to see this week’s challenge on the Heart 2 Heart (H2H) blog. The challenge this week is to create a Mother’s Day card and I just so happen to have one on hand that I created last week for our Scrapbook Fiesta card class, A Pocketful of Posies. Here is my flower pot card…

2010-05-06_4697

I first created some of these flower pot cards for my mother and my mother-in-law last year. I couldn’t remember exactly how to do them so I searched online for a tutorial and found a really great one at Learn to Stamp and Scrap. I love how the card is closed with the ribbon and she added the little tray at the bottom of the card to make it look like a real pot.

Here is a look at the inside…

2010-05-06_4698

You can put your ‘secret’ message to mom on the flower bouquet insert and then she can use it as a bookmark if she wishes…I love that!

Here are a few close-ups for you…

2010-05-06_4700

I had so much fun with CTMH’s new Irresistible Chipboard Die-Cuts. When you sponge them with ink, the embossed images on the die-cut repel the ink and they ‘pop’ with the design.

2010-05-06_4699

Thank you for stopping by and be sure to stop back by the next few days as I will be sharing my other card class items! Have a blessed day and make it from your heart…with Close To My Heart!

Signature

2 comments:

  1. OMG, Pam! ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE and I'm soooo going to copy this! Can't wait to see you in DC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely card! I'm going to make one for my daughter's 2 year birthday.

    I found you through Leisa Hubley, nice to sort of meet you! Some very lovely things on your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and have a blessed day! Pamela