Thursday, September 30, 2010

October Stamp of the Month Blog Hop & Stippling

Welcome to the Close To My Heart Stamp of the Month Blog Hop!

This month we are featuring the October SOTM from the 2010 Autumn/Winter Idea Book, which is D1443  Share the Magic, a set of 12 stamps.

image

If you have come here from Jen's Blog, you are on the right path! If this is your first stop, you may want to go back to Kathleen's Blog and start from the beginning!

This month, myself and my fellow Close To My Heart Consultants are sharing our creations using this month's SOTM and other great CTMH products on our blogs. To follow along on the hop - just click on the link at the end of this post to move to the next one! Here we go!

***

This month I chose to create a card using our new 4-1/2” Colonial White Circle Cards with envelopes and the Wishes Card Confidence Program pattern, Inner Court. I also used the Mistletoe Level 2 Paper Packet, Red & Pink Embroidery Floss Assortment, and Opaque Pearl Adhesive Gems.

2010-09-30_6761

I did some paper piecing using the SOTM, so there was no coloring involved. Also, along the edges of the Colonial White Cardstock, I stippled with Cocoa Ink.

2010-09-30_6768

Let me briefly explain what ‘stippling’ is…

IMG00223-20100923-1802

You will need a stipple brush from CTMH’s Texture Tools Kit, an ink pad and B&T Duos or Cardstock.

IMG00224-20100923-1802

Ink your stipple brush generously with your desired ink.

IMG00225-20100923-1803

Then gently brush the edges of your paper, preferably from the outer edge into the middle of the paper. This will give your paper an antique look.

***

Now "Hop" on over to Kami's Blog to see her fabulous works of art! Be sure to visit all the Consultants at their blogs to get some great crafting ideas and other fun ideas!

Remember, the October SOTM is only available until October 31, 2010!  Contact your CTMH Consultant (or click here) to see how you can get this stamp set at a discount or even FREE!

Have a blessed day and make it from your heart!

Signature

13 comments:

  1. Cute card. And I really like your lined envelope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards! I love the stitching and the garland on the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice design. Everything flows so well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful job Pam! Thanks for inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love it! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! The envelope liner makes the entire project extra special.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh...love your paper-piecing on this, Pamela! I'm gonna have to give that a try!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Love the stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card! Love the paper piecing and the stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the stipple look. Gotta try it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh the little bear is to darling and it wasn't until I got a closer look that I realized you had hand sewn your card!! WOW!! I'm also amazed at how lovely the envelope looks with the B&T paper inside the flap!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and have a blessed day! Pamela