Sunday, November 21, 2010

A Little More Thanks – Part 1

(Alright, I mistakenly deleted or wrote over this original post, so I’m posting again. My apologies! See Part 2 of this post below…)

I hope you are having a wonderful Saturday before Thanksgiving! :) It’s hard to believe the holiday season is upon us already. So much to look forward to, so much to do and so much to be thankful for!

Today I am sharing a few pieces of artwork I created this morning. I was inspired by several beautiful pieces of artwork created by Close To My Heart’s founder, Jeanette Lynton and fellow Close To My Heart consultants, AaronB at Booth #32 & Vicki Wizniuk, over at the Wizard’s Hangout. The color combo is from Jeanette’s Color Me Monday post this week.

SunsetIMG_1869

I just love how Jeanette combines our beautiful colors together. Here are three neutral colors (Bamboo, Cocoa, Desert Sand) with a pop of one color, in this case, one of our newest colors, Sunset. This creates a warm and pleasing combination. I had fun taking a few of my favorite elements from each card they created and combining them to make my creations.

IMG_1870

Here is a close up of my 4-1/4” x 5-1/2” card. I used a Desert Sand Cardstock base and used a journaling lines stamp from the My Acrylix Comments Stamp Set to create the checked background with a Cocoa Exclusive Inks Pad. The B&T Duos Paper is from the Olivia Level 2 Paper Packet, one of my favorites. I just love polka dots! They always looks so great with anything.

The sentiment is from the November Stamp of the Month, A Little Thanks. This stamp set is only available through November 30th, so be sure to get yours by then at a discount or even for FREE. Visit MyCTMH website for more information.

The accessories that I used are Cocoa Grosgrain Ribbon, White Daisy Mini-Medley Accents & Sunset Mini-Medley Accents.

IMG_1866

I don’t often decorate the inside of my cards, but I have been trying to do it more often because it really does finish the card off well. I stamped another message on the inside with a 2nd generation stamped flower, as seen on the front of the card.

IMG_1867

I have yet to make up a bunch of these adorable M&M candy bags. I am hoping to have a bucket full for Thanksgiving Day, if time permits. My thoughts with this ensemble is to include one of these candy bags along with a mini pizza box filled with 3x3 cards inside a decorated coffee bag to give to a special friend of mine on Sunday. So, I still have to finish my gift up as you can see I don’t have it all done yet. :) The stamp on this candy bag is also from the November Stamp of the Month…a gotta have it stamp set!

IMG_1864

Below is a 3x3 card that I will duplicate several times and include inside the mini pizza box. What a sweet little gift all this will make!

IMG_1868

Don’t forget about this month’s special offer:

Free stamps to say thank you in November. When you place a minimum order of $100, you will receive the November Stamp of the Month, A Little Thanks, for FREE and one stamp set of your choosing from the 2010 Autumn/Winter Idea Book for FREE!

Thank you so much for stopping by! I am THANKFUL for you! :)

Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment and have a blessed day! Pamela