Friday, October 14, 2011

Be a Scrapbooking Diva with Studio J!

I have been scrappin’ up a storm lately on my new laptop using Close To My Heart’s amazing online scrapbook program, Studio J! It’s been a real lifesaver as I’ve been feeling under the weather for a few weeks now and I haven’t had the energy to break out my scrappin’ supplies much. Studio J is faster, simpler & easier and I feel an overwhelming sense of accomplishment!

A few of these layouts that I’m sharing today may be some you have seen already, but I recently placed my monthly Studio J membership order and I wanted to share them all with you anyway. I love that I get my layouts 50% off, FREE shipping once a month along with FREE memory protectors for my Studio J layouts! Those are just a few of the benefits of being a Studio J member. Click here to learn more…see FAQ #12.

Alright, it’s time share my Studio J layouts and give you a little info on each. You can click on any of the layouts to see them larger.

july_2011_-_3_copy_copy

Kit: Bliss

Pattern: Portrait Collection

The above Studio J layout highlights my brother’s wedding from 2006.

Please make note that I swapped out some of the B&T paper from Kit Mix 3 for Chocolate cardstock. I had some fun with the My Stickease & ribbon on this layout. You will see I added Cranberry accents to help pull the red out of the photos. Cranberry is not in the original Kit, so that’s a fun way to add a pop of color to this neutral kit.

***

december_2007

Kit: Sophia

Pattern: Sweet Symphony

Now here’s a fun layout of Bevyn when she was just 4 months old. I wanted to re-create this photo op because when Shaymus (my 16 yr old) was about this age I took the same picture of him with the remote control.

I love swapping the papers in my kit mixes! For this Kit Mix, I swapped out the Blush cardstock for the Striped B&T paper and the Striped B&T paper for the Polka Dot B&T paper. This layout went together super quickly because I used all the toggle accents that CTMH provided and only had to add the flower My Stickease and the title.

***

love_your_layout_-_june_2011_-_1

Kit: Miracle

Pattern: Card Trick (Members Only)

Have you checked out any of the ‘Love Your Layout’ videos on the Studio J website? The above layout is one of them! I just followed along with the video and recreated the layout and added my pictures. Cool Tip: I learned to do the cool ribbon flower in the lower right corner too!

Check out all the ‘Love Your Layout’ videos HERE and watch THIS ONE to learn how I made the layout above.

***

august_2011_-_2

Kit: Manmade {Members Only}

Pattern: Photo Op {Members Only}

Did you know that there are a dozen or so Studio J layouts featured in the 2011 Autumn/Winter Idea Book? I totally scraplifted the above layout from the idea book on page 11. This is a new exclusive Studio J Kit called Manmade…only available to Studio J members {another great perk of being a member}. It’s perfect for all the boys/men in your life!

Cool Tip: You can change the color of any B&T paper to make it tone-on-tone. The collage of words B&T paper was changed to Black and I adjusted the intensity to my desired preference.

***

sophia_-_1

Kit: Sophia

Pattern: Card Trick {Members Only}

The above Studio J layout was inspired by the CTMH Art Studio. I copied almost everything. I <3 these photos of Bevyn…she looks so sweet & innocent.

Cool Tip: When I started this layout, I had to create the stitched lines by copying and pasting a single stitch to make a full stitch line. Some times it’s good to procrastinate…before I finished this layout, Close To My Heart added stitching elements to the Embellishments tab…lots of cool shapes…you’ll have to check it out.

***

autumn_2011_-_2

Kit: Believe

Pattern: Thumbnails

This is such a fun kit to play with! I love the traditional color scheme and how it works so perfectly with my pictures. The My Stickease are ADORABLE, This pattern actually contains SIXTEEN photo wells! I filled one in with the ‘Santa was Here’ My Stickease.

***

people_i_love_-_1_copy_copy

Kit: Lucky

Pattern: Glimpses {Members Only}

This was another of the ‘Love Your Layout’ video versions. I was able to follow step-by-step the instructions presented in the video to create this layout of my wonderful son, Shaymus. I think it captures his ‘style’ {oh, that hair} so well.

***

discovery_-_1_copy

Kit: Discovery

Pattern: Close Up {Members Only}

It makes my heart happy to watch Bevyn having fun on the church playground. I love it when she says, “Can we go to church?” I hope she always feels that way and that she will grow strong in the Lord and love her church as much as I love her!

***

4th_of_july_2011_-_2_copy - Copy

Kit: Independence

Pattern: Out of the Hat {Members Only}

I was so excited when Close To My Heart added this kit to Studio J! It is a retired paper kit from several years ago and it was perfect for the pictures that I took of our church’s worship service for our Independence Day celebration down at the river. One of my best friend’s daughters was baptized after the service in the river by her daddy. It brings tears to my eyes every time I look at this layout…I love my church family so much! I am so blessed!

***

august_2011_-_3

Kit: Elemental

Pattern: Defining Moments {Members Only}

I created this layout just for the fun of it. Bevyn is so stinkin’ cute in her little Disney princesses bikini running through the sprinkler in the front yard. My journaling mentions the 100 days of 100 degree weather we had here in West Texas this past spring/summer.

***

I hope you enjoyed viewing my Studio J layouts and learning a few new fun things about Studio J. Now why don’t you give it a try yourself?

It’s a fast and easy way to get your photos off your computer and into your scrapbooks. It’s super easy to get started and costs absolutely nothing to try it out.

  1. Go to http://studioj.com and click on the ‘Get Started’ tab at the top of the page.
  2. Create an account for yourself if you wish to save your creations and get started.
  3. Remember to check out the ‘Video’ tab on http://studioj.com for step-by-step instructions…if you need the extra help or just want to learn some fun tips & techniques.

SJMEM3

Oh, and last but not least…click here to try out a 3-month Studio J Membership for just $30! You will get your Studio J layouts for half-price, free shipping once a month, free memory protectors AND free JPEG files to share online with friends and family…just like the ones I shared in this post.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at pamela@reflectionsofmyartandsoul.com.

Have fun preserving your memories and celebrating your relationships through Studio J!

Signature_thumb[2]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment and have a blessed day! Pamela