Do you have a little superhero of your own whose birthday is coming up? The bonus project for the Superhero Workshops on the Go Kit is the perfect addition for your party theme!
Make your own cupcake accents, name tags and/or name plates and party favors using our fabulous My Creations Milk Cartons! When the party is over, scrapbook your memories using the Superhero Workshops on the Go Kit which includes most of the supplies needed to make two scrapbook layouts!
Bonus Project: Superhero
If you attended the workshop hosted by your Close To My Heart Consultant, you’ll already have most of the necessary products required to create the bonus project. Simply order the items noted below with an asterisk, and you’re all set!
If you haven’t attended the workshop and would like to create the artwork shown here, contact me to order the supplies.
- G1037 Workshops on the Go™ Superhero Kit (includes):
- My Acrylix® Superhero Workshop Stamp Set
- Superhero Paper Packet
- White Daisy Cardstock (2 sheets)
- Comic Badge Buttons
- Dimensional Elements Stars
- Instructional Guide
- Z1739* My Creations® Milk Carton
- Z1701* Baker's Twine Neutral Assortment
- *Requires additional purchase.
- E1022 My Acrylix® Hero Alphabet
- Z2105 Black Exclusive Inks® Pad
- Z2116 Cranberry Exclusive Inks® Pad
- Z1294 Sky Exclusive Inks® Pad
- Z726 Sponge Daubers
- Z1151 3-D Foam Tape
- Y1010 2” x 6 1/2” My Acrylix® Block
- Y1012 4” x 5” My Acrylix® Block
To create the featured bonus project, follow the helpful hints outlined below.
- Tip: As you cut the paper, sort the pieces as indicated in the cutting guide so that each item has its own stack. For example, if the cutting guide labels a piece “cupcake accents,” place it in the stack for the cupcake accents.
- Use diagrams in this cutting guide to cut your remaining papers.
- Stamp border image several times on one milk carton creating 5 horizontal rows around the entire carton, alternating every other one with Sky and Cranberry inks.
- Stamp “good job” image with Cranberry ink on 1 1/2” x 1 1/2” White Daisy cardstock.
- Stamp trophy image and “super kid” image with Black ink on 2 1/2” x 3 1/2” White Daisy cardstock; trim.
- Stamp names with Sky ink on three 1 3/4” x 4 3/4” White Daisy cardstock.
- Cover, trim, and smooth edges of Dimensional Elements stars as follows: one large star with 3 1/4” x 2 1/4” Moonstruck cardstock; one medium star with 2 1/2” x 2 1/4” Red B&T; one medium star with 2 1/2” x 2 1/4” Pajama Pants B&T.
- Sponge edges of everything with Black ink, if desired.
- Sponge one small and one medium Dimensional Elements star with Sky ink; sponge one small Dimensional Elements star with Cranberry ink.
- Cut two 6” star zip strips for carton.
- Assemble name cards and attach embellishments.
- Assemble milk cartons as shown. (Tip: Attach zip strips to center of two 1” x 6” Cranberry pieces then attach to milk carton, with the ends connecting in the front. There will be a small gap in the papers, but it will be covered by the other embellishments.)
- Assemble cupcake accents as follows: Use 1 1/4” x 1 1/4” White Daisy squares as base for attaching strips to make cupcake accents; attach embellishments.
For additional Workshops on the Go projects, click here.