Thursday, June 28, 2007

This is FUN to me!

Awwwww...it was so nice to get away for the weekend to spend time with some friends and do what I love...SCRAPBOOKING! I met my best friend, Cindy Denning, in Weatherford, Texas last Thursday for a weekend get-a-way at The Covered Bridge Inn. Cindy hosted the weekend for her customers and team members and her closest friends. Ü She always out does herself and always takes care of you with little goodies set at your table when you arrive. Here is what she did this time...


This retreat accomodates 20 scrappers and it is just an amazing place! Pat Farrington, the owner, is an incredible host to us all and she is an exceptional cook! One of the biggest highlights of the weekend is the food. Lucky me came home with her new cookbook, so I can't wait to try out some of the recipes on my family and friends.

Here's a picture of my bird's eye view for the weekend...


I actually found the time to plan a few pages before leaving! I usually have a few projects in progress to work on, like our Disney trips and my brother's wedding album. So it was a nice change to be able to scrap a few recent events. The layout below is about our whirlwind trip to Indiana to pick up Mike's 1968 Corvette. I'm really pleased how it turned out with the new CTMH Route 66 paper packet. I know the picture is small, so I'll see if I can get it bigger so you can see the detail better. I even included some interactive hidden journaling behind the photo on the right. I have a few tips and tricks I'll share in a tutorial with you soon about this.


The layout below is a totally different style...it's not a Cherish layout...but I love how it turned out in the end.


The card and stationery holder below is totally scraplifted. The stationery holder template was shared on a CTMH yahoo group by Korin Sutherland and I just haven't had the time to create one myself. I shared the idea with Cindy and she and Melissa Robinson created this version for an upcoming card workshop they are planning. They used a card diagram shared by Ginni Candelaria. I thought I was making mine for a graduation present, but I think I'm going to have to created another one that I can give away. LOL!



That's it for now...I'll see what I can do about getting some larger pictures of the layouts posted. I've got to run to an accountibility group meeting here shortly, so I'll see you later.
In His Grip, Pamela

1 comment:

  1. Love the layouts and the stationary box! You all did beautiful jobs!
    Niki

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and have a blessed day! Pamela