Saturday, March 29, 2008

Silhouette Ribbon Blossom Card

I was inspired today by my very talented friend and CTMH team member, Katy. She shared some of her gorgeous artwork with us at our team gathering. Check it out here -----> An Inside To My Heart

Here is what I created after seeing Katy's beautiful artwork. I got the card design from Indigo Studio's blog and created the ribbon blossom using her tutorial.

 

2008 03 29 017

I couldn't stop myself from creating! Debbie M shared a really cool stamping blog, Chic 'n Scratch, with us today and I found all these really cool tutorials and I guess I was in a pretty creative mood today...LOL! So, here's two cute purses to go along with the card I made. The larger purse can hold some post-it notes I'm thinking...it's only 1/2" deep. A gift card might work...but it would stick out the top a little, but might be cute with some tissue stuffed inside to hide the card. Then the mini purse has some candy inside...a Nugget would work perfect, but all I had were some left over Easter Milky Ways. :O)

2008 03 30 001

Recipe:

X7090B Silhouette Level 2 Paper Packet (Colors: Black, White Daisy, Bamboo)

D1187 For Every Occasion

44751 Archival Black Stamp Pad

Z2103 Bamboo Stamp Pad

Z2320 Garden Green Marker

Z1034 Black Collection Designer Ribbon Rounds

Z810 Basic Organdy Ribbon Rounds

Z816 White Daisy Collection Ribbon Rounds

Z199 Pewter Brads

Z1300 White Daisy Just Blooms Paper Flowers

Z371 Circle Coluzzle

Z274 Oval Coluzzle

Z368 Cutting Mat

Z369 Swivel Knife

Z337 Piercing Tool

Z608 Dry Embossing Stylus

Z578 Corner Rounder (used to make scallop edges)

1772 Memory Book Glue Dots

Z268 3-D Foam Squares

I just LOVE how this card turned out! I think I'm going to work on making my first Paper Candy kit tomorrow making something similar to the focal points I used on the card. I'm thinking of giving them away as prizes when anyone schedules a home gathering with me in April. :O)

Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful day. God bless! Pamela

6 comments:

  1. Wow! These projects are STUNNING! Thanks so much for sharing AND for providing links!

    Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your little vinette (sp?) that you've created to show off your creations. They are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are darling. I love the ribbon burst on the card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! These are awesome! I might have to try the blossom card. That is so cute. Everything is beautiful! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love your card and the ribbon blossom. I've tried to do these but it just didn't work out I think maybe I need to try again. Your cards and purses are just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jeanne again. I tried and tried to make one of those ribbon blossoms following the tutorial and I must be missing something. Mine doesn't look like hers or yours. I feel like I am missing something, but not sure what. I've written the tutorial designer, but haven't heard back from her. So, I was wondering if you could offer any tips or hints that you discovered while making yours?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and have a blessed day! Pamela