Monday, December 22, 2008

Candy Covered Pretzels Gift Bag

Edited: The candy covered pretzels were so easy to make. Just melt a few bars of almond bark in the microwave, stir until smooth, dip the tops of the pretzels into the almond bark, then sprinkle with your choice of sprinkles. Tip: I let as much of the almond bark drip off the pretzel as possible before covering them with sprinkles. I also poured the sprinkles in a bowl and sprinkled them onto the pretzels by hand. Set aside onto parchment paper to dry.

Last week, my dear friend Georgia dropped by the church with a little Christmas gift for me. Inside the package was a beautiful tin angel for my Christmas tree and a little bag of candy covered pretzels. They were so yummy that I decided I would make some up for our friends and family this year as well.

I'm not much of a baker, but these were soooo easy to make! I had already bought some almond bark so all I needed to get were the pretzels and sprinkles. I had also purchased some coffee bags last month from Uline in bulk, so I knew just what to package them in.

Here is my decorated coffee bag filled with candy covered pretzels...

2008-12-22-003

I didn't finish making all my Christmas cards from the packet I created for myself from the Christmas card workshop I taught in November, so I used some materials from that to decorate my coffee bag. The paper is CTMH's Evensong Creative Basics kit and I used a Dimensional Element flower for the tag. I stamped the message using the December Word Puzzle. I added a tiny sparkle to dot the 'j' and sponged the edges of the flower with New England Ivy ink and glue dotted it onto the package. (All supplies are Close To My Heart unless otherwise noted)

Here's a close up view...

2008-12-22-002

I hope our friends and family that receive this yummy gift will enjoy them as much as Caitlyn & I enjoyed making them.

Oh, by the way, the chili and cornbread last night was wonderful! I'll definitely have to create a cute recipe card and share that one with you soon.

Make it a great day! God bless, Pamela

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:02 AM

    That awesome! Now the recipe, please? First comment from me but love all your projects. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and have a blessed day! Pamela