Sunday, April 10, 2011

CPS Meets CTMH Fanfare

Today I put away all my scrappin’ & stampin’ stuff from my scrapbook retreat last weekend and got my workspace re-organized so that I could sit down and create a birthday card for my nephew. Earlier in the week I had come across a cool card sketch from CPS (Card Positioning Systems) and thought how it would work wonderfully with CTMH’s new My Acrylix Pennant Alphabet stamp set and the Fanfare Paper Packet.

imageimage

I used CPS Sketch #212

image

Here is my creation using the card sketch above….

2011-04-10_1068

I was inspired by some of the Fanfare My Stickease to create the ‘HAPPY’ banner and decided to create a medallion for the focal point above the banner. I used a 1” strip of B&T Duos paper and scored it at 1/4” increments, then fan folded it, adhered the ends together, pushed in the center and glued on the 1-1/4” circle of Sunny Yellow B&T Duo paper. I tied some Black Waxy Flax in the Cranberry button holes and adhered to finish it off.

2011-04-10_1072

You may also notice that I paper pierced the tops of the banner and stitched Black Waxy Flax through them and tied it off on both ends. The ‘Birthday’ stamp came from the My Acrylix Party Pennants stamp set.

image

Below is a close up of the medallion that I created…

2011-04-10_1073

Thanks for stopping by!

Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment and have a blessed day! Pamela