Thursday, November 01, 2007

My New Scrapbook Purse

Update 12/4/2008: The link on Creating Keepsakes/Simple Scrapbooks is no longer available. I've tried searching for instructions to no avail. Here are the materials that I used and a little information I can remember...

I used Scotch Self-Sealing Laminating Pouches (for 8 1/2 x 11) that I purchased at Wal-Mart. The clear binding/lacing I purchased from Hobby Lobby. I used my crop-a-dile to punch the holes. I created the layouts and when inserting them into the pouches, made sure the adhesive side was on the back of the layout. I cut the pouches for the sides down to 4" wide x 8 1/2" long and the bottom down to 4" wide x 11" long and rounded the corners. I purchased the handles from Hobby Lobby and attached them with metal rings through large eyelets I got in the sewing department.

If you have any other questions, please let me know. Pamela

Here is where you can find the instructions for this scrapbook purse/tote...

http://www.simplescrapbooksmag.com/mag/article.ihtml?idx=617&issue_idx=

Finally! I've been wanting to make one of these purses for months...ever
since I saw a fellow consultant making them at a scrapbook retreat I went to in
June. I came home from that retreat and purchased everything I needed to make
one and then never got around to it...probably because I was so busy having a
baby and making the adjustment. Ü

Anyway, I finally sat down last week
and made my first one after seeing one that a church friend had purchased from
another individual. If you like it and want more information about them, holler
at me...I'd love to show you how to make one or make one for you! Ü





Here's to a wonderful day...make it from your heart! Pamela


18 comments:

  1. Pamela,
    I LOVE this bag!!! (I'm a bag lady), anyways, Someone had made one a LONG time ago...I saw it on the CTMH BB. I'm sure I probably have the directions saved SOMEWHERE on my computer but if you'd be so kind to email them to me (chosengirl@ncidata.com) I would be So appreciative. I even bought handles a year and a half ago....I remember because it was when my mom was so ill and I'd gone back east to be with my family-I found them at JoAnn's on clearance for like $0.70 each. They're girly pearl ones. BUT, I was just thinking what a GREAT gift it would make for my mom for Christmas this year....then fill it with goodies!!! Your bag is beautiful!! How long did it take? Now, did you just color copy your pages or did you laminate the originals? Tell me, tell me!! :)
    -Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your purse is cute, Cute, CUTE !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:45 PM

    Pamela, This bag is gorgeous!!! Is there anyway to email me the directions? (susancw82@comcast.net) All your work is beautiful. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this purse!!! I am also a fellow CTMH gal and would love the directions and where to get this cute bag. What a great workshop this would make. Please e-mail me at ElishaCarter@msn.com

    Hugs,
    ~Elisha

    ReplyDelete
  5. absolutely STANKIN cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:01 PM

    Can you please email me the instructions I know I have them somewhere but I would love to start this project tomorrow morning. I will open Hobby Lobby doors early in the morning, LOL Thanks so much, Im a CTMH consultant as well, Love your blog

    Bluett

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous8:02 PM

    forgot my email address booojoooo

    karlett@msn.com

    Thanks again

    Bluett

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous10:10 PM

    Is there someway to get directions? I live overseas.
    Thanks!
    kaystamps
    worldbanker@juno.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous1:12 PM

    I would love to have the directions on how to make this purse. My email is free2b_75@hotmail.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love the directions to make this adorable purse could you please e-mail them to me? Jumpingree@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous8:38 AM

    Pamela,
    Love it, Love it, could you please send me the directions if you have them I to am a CTMH gal and would love to make one to carry around to show everyone what i do. Thanks email me at craft2470@hotmail.com
    peggylee
    ctmh ind. counsultant
    crafter at heart

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous9:35 AM

    What a great piece of art ... I love the bag! I would really appreciate you sending through the directions to my email address lmmiller6@ameritech.net . Thank you in advance! I also wanted to comment on what a great blog you have - I love to references to your faith ... I, too, am a faith girl!!! I am also a CTMH consultant ... sounds like we have many things in common. Have a great day! Marie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous7:00 PM

    Too cha-cha for words! Can I get the directions? angelflauta@hotmail.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous12:21 PM

    I love this purse can you send me the directions. Thanks Deeann
    My email address is:
    froggielover1974@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello, I would love to have the directions to make this purse emailed to me at wendyfritz@gmail.com. I want to make one of these purses for each of my 4 nieces for Christmas! Thank you! =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous10:35 AM

    I love this purse. I saw a woman wit a similar purse but was attached together by pices of ribbon in knots on sides. Anyone have any idea on where to find instructions on these? and I would love instructions for this also...Thank you so much.
    chatileslie@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. the purse is gorgeous, and i love it. could you email directions to me for it? blessedmama at gmail dot com.
    thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!
    jenn @ life-scrappers.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would love to make some of these for my mom and me. Could you please email me the directions.
    Mslater1@mi.rr.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and have a blessed day! Pamela