Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Yum! Spicy Squash Casserole

Looking for something a little different to cook for dinner?

58776_1620295832523_1390250428_1692911_605504_n

I thought I’d share this recipe I found at http://www.allrecipes.com last week. I tweaked it some because of the ingredients I had on hand. I really think it would be great with crushed tortilla chips sprinkled on top, but didn’t think of it ‘til after we ate. It was so delicious that I’m making more for tonight…it’s actually in the oven as I type this and yes, I added some crushed tortilla chips this time.

Spicy Squash Casserole

2 tablespoons butter
3 yellow squash, sliced
1 pound lean ground beef
1 onion, chopped
10 oz can Rotel, drained
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup mayonnaise w/lime
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste

Directions

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute squash in butter until tender, about 10 minutes. Set aside.

2. In a large skillet, cook the ground beef, and onion, stirring until beef is evenly browned. Drain off grease. Add Rotel to ground beef and onion and stir. In a large bowl, mix together the squash, eggs, and mayonnaise. Stir in the ground beef mixture and Cheddar cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Pour into a 9x13 inch baking dish. (Sprinkle crushed tortilla chips & more cheese on top if desired)

3. Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until heated through.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment and have a blessed day! Pamela