Friday, April 08, 2011

Faith-Filled Friday

Welcome to Faith-Filled Friday!

smiley face coffee mug

It’s been a while since I’ve shared a Faith-Filled Friday post, so I thought, even though it’s late in the day…it’s better late than never! So, here goes…

My Bible Study group finished up our Jonah study a few weeks ago (It was amazing!) and we came to a group decision to begin a new study by Henry Blackaby and his son, Richard Blackaby called, When God Speaks – How to Recognize God’s Voice and Respond in Obedience.

image

I was very excited that the ladies in our group picked this particular study out of several other options. Several years ago I did Henry Blackaby’s study called Experiencing God – Knowing and Doing the Will of God. It was seriously a life-changing time in my Christian walk.

image

You can find more information on both of these studies at Lifeway Christian Stores.

Through this past week’s study of When God Speaks, I was reminded just how important it is to be in God’s Word, the Bible, on a regular basis…preferably daily. How else will I truly know what God wants to tell me and teach me?

‘Man shall not live by bread alone; but man lives by every word that proceeds from the mouth of the Lord.’ – Deuteronomy 8:3

I would like to encourage you to begin a daily reading plan through the Bible if you haven’t done so already. I began a One Year Bible reading plan in September 2010, so I am now over half-way through the Bible. There are some days I do good and other days, not so good. So, please don’t get discouraged if you miss a day or two or three…just jump back in as soon as you can. I like to remind myself that’s it the quality of reading I get in, not the quantity…I’ll eventually get through the entire Bible if I continue plugging away at it. It also puts a smile on my face knowing that Satan can’t stand it when I keep plugging away…even when he does his best to condemn me for missing a day or two. I thank God that I know that Satan has already been defeated…it says so in God’s Word. =)

Check out this cool website

image

for Bible reading plans and applications for your computer & cell phone.

“All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work” – 2 Timothy 3:16-17

Thank you for reading my Faith-Filled Friday post and please feel free to leave a comment about your own faith walk. I would love to hear about it and encourage one another. God Bless!

Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment and have a blessed day! Pamela