Friday, January 06, 2012

Faith-Filled Friday

Welcome to Faith-Filled Friday!

smiley face coffee mug

I hope it’s been a good one for you so far! I’m a little late in the day posting this, but I wanted to be sure to share with you another challenge I’m going to attempt this year. It’s called the P31 Challenge and is headed up by Sara Horn, author of My So-Called Life as a Proverbs 31 Wife.

Adobe Photoshop PDF

From the back cover…

Author Sara Horn always admired the Proverbs 31 wife, but when she became a busy writer and mother, she deemed this model to be dated and impossible. Or is it? Join Sara as she heads into a one-year domestic experiment and offers full access to see if this biblical model can be embraced by a modern woman—even one who can’t sew.

With humility and humor, Sara sets out to pursue the Proverbs 31 characteristics through immersing herself in all things domestic, but when her family's situation changes and she must return to a full-time job, she's forced to look at the Proverbs 31 woman with a whole new viewpoint. Through it all, she and readers discover:

what it means to be a godly woman and a wife

how investing in family and faith refines priorities as a spouse and a parent

how mistakes are opportunities for growth

This thought-provoking, surprising, and entertaining personal account will inspire women to try their own experiments in living out God’s purpose for their lives.

***

I’ve been intrigued with her book so far and I’m always up for a good challenge! Won’t you join me…

p31challenge

Sara has posted the first challenge on her blog this week and it’s the perfect place to start…check it out here.

I’ve actually done really well this week with this challenge! I found a great new Bible reading plan for the year called The Bible Program for Shirkers and Slackers. You can find more information about it here.

I came across a blog post about the reading plan on Pinterest and learned a new technique to go along with my quiet time called S.O.A.P. Here is a little more information about how that works. I have really enjoyed my quiet time this week using this new method and would encourage you to try it out!

{perfection not required}

So, don’t forget to check out the P31 Challenge! I’m sure Sara is going to have some really fun challenges for us to do together and I love that I’ll have some accountability through her Facebook Page.

Until next week…I’ll be sharing more about Beth Moore’s latest Bible study, James.

May you have a blessed weekend!

Signature_thumb[2]

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed your post, Pamela! There's some great information in the links you provided.

    Your blog looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and have a blessed day! Pamela